Kemah Historical Society
Scenes of the history of the City of Kemah have been created by Bill Odell and are being sold as a collection on note cards to benefit the Kemah Historical Society.
Each note cards depicts a landmark in Kemah dating from the 1890 widening of Clear Creek to the current Kemah Boardwalk development. Each card is backed up with a map of Kemah locating the scene depicted on the front.
Other scenes include the Jim and Jane Bradford Home (1901), Henry Kipp House (1901), Kemah-Seabrook Ferry (1901), Platzer's Boatyard (1904), Kemah Railroad Depot (1904), Harvey's Store and Post Office (1905), Kemah School (1912), Railroad Swing Bridge and Wagon Bridge (1919), Bradford's Bath House (1920), Early Kemah Waterfront, Clear Creek Drawbridge, and the Kemah Community Center.
The box of 14 cards is being sold for $10, with all proceeds going to benefit the Kemah Historical Society's mission of preservation of the city's history. Cards are for sale at Sylvia's Cozy Corner, 601 Kipp, and at the Kemah City Hall, 1401 State Hwy. 146, in Kemah.
Bill Odell, a Friendswood retiree, has also created a replica of the original Kemah School House, which will be displayed in the old Kemah School House, which is being renovated and restored.
For more information, contact Sylvia Streater at 281-538- 1048.